WAGR syndrome is a very rare disorder with fewer than five hundred cases reported in the medical literature.
WAGR is an acronym for the most common features of this disorder:
- W represents Wilms Tumor
- A represents Aniridia
- G represents Genito-Urinary Abnormalities
- R represents Range of Developmental Delays
- Chronic kidney disease (FSGS)
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Potocki-Shaffer syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
- Recurrent ENT/Respiratory Infections
People with WAGR Syndrome have many things in common, but they are also individuals. It is important to remember that a given individual with WAGR syndrome may or may not have or develop all of the conditions listed.